Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Summersault @ SS2, Petaling Jaya

Pay what you want - & nothing more - for coffee, croissants & cakes at Summersault, a cheery new cafe where customers are welcome to help themselves to pies & scones & order all the flat whites they need; before leaving, simply fork out whatever you feel is fair.

Summersault
16A, First Floor, Jalan SS2/61, Petaling Jaya, Selangor. Tues-Sun, 12pm-10pm. Tel: 017-694-6887

Stay up to date: The Eat Drink KL newsletter is sent by email to subscribers every Monday; it's the Klang Valley's foremost weekly round-up of new restaurant openings, F&B promotions & other tasty tidbits. Subscribe to Eat Drink KL Weekly for free via this following link: https://confirmsubscription.com/h/d/5106C196432BB23D

8 comments:

  1. That's nice - pay as you wish! Scones look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suituapui: yeah, it's a nice gesture that will hopefully be rewarded ;)

      Delete
  2. Really? I hope the customers are fair in their assessment. Looks like a nice place to chill out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong: yeah, I like the setting here :) the owner says the customers so far have been reasonable :)

      Delete
  3. Might swing by cos it's not too far from me.. I might pay "reasonably" if the staff were staring me down as I pay...? LOL

    I don't know about other people lah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SC: heh, i think it should be fine - the owner didn't seem to pay attention to the amount we slipped into the payment drawers :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of trust by the owner. Do the proceeds go to some sort of charity, perhaps? I've never encountered such a 'pay as you wish' place. Will the owner do a somersault if I pay more? Wakakakaka! :D Or will he assault me if I pay less? Just kidding! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact.ewew: heh, don't think there's a charitable contribution here, but yeah, it's a bit of a gamble for a business model. Guess it could be prudent to go soon before the model changes! ;)

      Delete